Sunday, July 27, 2014

Just now getting to share some of our discoveries in Mankato.

Just now getting to share some of our discoveries in Mankato. Earl, my grandfather  moved to Mankato from Bingham Lake most likely to attend Carleton College. Earl was 24 when he married Margaret, my grandmother, who was born in Mankato. My father, Robert Charles, and his sister, Shirley were both born in Mankato. Joe Holzapfel was my fathers best friend as a boy. He married Robert's cousin, Betty Jean, and moved to Waterloo, Iowa. Earl moved his family to Kansas City around 1940 probably to take the job of comptroller of the Thompson Hayward Chemical Co.








6 comments:

Kathi Dell said...

All very interesting! Thanks for the info. Did not know grandmother's middle name was Augusta!

David Liem said...

You know I think I did know that, but I never heard of brothers and sisters
or mother and father.

Bill Boyce said...

The company I retired from used brake systems from MICO of Mankato, MN. 
The gingerbread on the church looks quite Scandinavian..

Sue Kervin said...

Very nice ! Thank you for sharing😁

Gary Renne said...

Cool.  Letting you know I am monitoring your every move.

David Liem said...

Good. I feel loved!