Monday, September 13, 2010

Resting on a Rainy Day 9/11/10 Montague, MI

Marshland Early Morning Sunrise
Woke up early Saturday morning to take out the dogs for their business. A red glow in the sky was promising a colorful sunrise.  This was my cue to go back inside the RV  to get the camera. My hands were full with two dog leashes and camera. Excitedly I hustled along the bike trail toward the bridge over the marshland. Poor dogs, I dragged them along because I was worried that I would miss the sun coming up. Instead the colors around me got more and more intense. I  took several pictures,....this is one of them. I don't think I have ever seen a more colorful sunrise!
Enjoying Fresh Fruits and Vegetables at the Farmer's Market
After our morning duties we headed out to breakfast at a little corner restaurant and then to market to pick up fresh blueberries, apples and green and yellow beans. This was the first rainy day on our trip so far and we were well prepared with umbrellas and rain jackets. Actually on this day we rested quite a bit and just enjoyed "chillin".
Running Loose
Later in the afternoon the rain stopped, even though there still was precipitation in the form of a light mist. The dogs were a bit stir crazy, (meaning they were playing rough in the RV), so we decided to take a walk with them. Back on our trusty bike trail, but this time we found a side path that led us along the marshes and into the woods. Beautiful! We were able to let the dogs off the leashes and they frolicked in nature, doing what they do best.....chasing rabbits and squirrels. Grindi tried several times to jump off the board walks to flush out fowl or toads. This dog has the hunting instinct! We came home an hour and a half later and felt great to have been physically active. Needless to say, my day was not over until both dogs had a much needed bath!
Human meets Nature!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

IIIIIIII WANT TO PAINT THAT SUNRISE!!!!!!! THAT IS A GORGEOUS SUNRISE!!!!!!!! It is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing! :)